View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 08:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lisa1211

My Mom died last Monday from alcohol.

I haven't been on in about a week or two but I wanted to give an update on my situation. I joined a few weeks ago when I needed help understanding my Mom's condition so that I would know how to help. I recieved some wonderful advice and great insights as well so thanks a bunch to everyone! Unfortunately, I was too late to help my mom. She passed away very suddenly on 09/19/05. She was admitted into the hospital on 09/16/05 and deteriorated that quick. Within 24 hours she had went into complete liver and kidney failure caused from the cirrhosis. My mom had no signs of this disease until 2 weeks prior to her death and then it was like dominos. Everything just hit at once and just kept getting worse. I have never felt the pain and emptiness I am feeling right now and it makes me so angry to think that my mom will never be able to see her first grandchild because of alcohol!! I turned 29 this Saturday and had to celebrate without my mom (not much celebrating at all) I am so confused as to how this could all happen so fast. My mom had only been drinking for 7-8 years and it took her this quick. It seems so unfair, I just want to scream over and over. Well, I will quit rambling. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the support and please if you have someone that is now in my mom's recent situation, don't wait and hope it gets better. Find help now, before it is too late because you never know how much your body can take! God bless everyone and please keep me in your prayers.