Old 09-28-2017, 07:24 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  
hns0685

LHW- I’d love to hear about Spinning class! I’ve always wanted to try it but have been so intimidated by it… the horror stories of not being able to walk the next day (from my friends who are super fit, too!).

Badge- it is like a nasty song that you can’t get out of your head. I can’t remember who said this a couple of days ago at the moment, but I loved it. Something along the lines of “Whenever the craving starts to kick in I think of it as an ex calling for a booty call”. It made me laugh and also gives me the feeling of eeeew, gross, no way! I’ve really been using that every time the AV kicks in. I do feel like I was in a relationship with alcohol, we are breaking up for good, so it makes a lot of sense to me.

Viper- I’m so sorry about the stove mishap. I’d also love to hear how spilled oatmeal turned into a chunk of glass missing from the stove top. I feel bad but I have to admit it made me chuckle a little too, only because I’ve had similar things happen to me.

Fitsom- I can relate totally to the 3pm voice starting to kick in, and also to how lovely the evenings have been with me being present. I used to look at people jogging on the side of the road around 5pm and be so jealous because I was driving myself to the store to get alcohol… we can be one of them, we are right now ��

Badger07- Please don’t be too hard on yourself about your relapse… So today is 19 days- that is amazing! Coming from someone who has relapsed constantly for the past 3 years after having a long term of sobriety before that, it does take time to repair the relationships. But I found that the longer I was sober the more confidence my family had in me and the better things got.

Dee- thank you for the recovery plan link. I agree, this is the one thing I’m doing different this time. I have a very concrete plan set in place and I feel more stable in this round of sobriety than my previous attempts of just doing things on the fly.

Kachal- I’m in the same boat with wanting to be social, but after staying in the house drinking for so long it’s weird/hard to actually do anything different.

Sober369- I did the same thing during my constant relapses- stayed away from SR and AA because I just got tired of announcing I had less than 30 days. I’d tell myself that I’d wait to go to a meeting until I had 30 days and then go back… yeah, that didn’t work to well for me, and I could have died as well. So happy you and I are here now.

Leeloo- thank you for the morning laugh! That is hilarious.

Ok, for me- day 27 today! That’s insane. Anyway, feeling a bit better this morning. I’m headed into the SS office early this morning in hopes to work out a payment plan with them that doesn’t include taking 50% of my income every month like they did this month. Praying that they will be understanding of the situation and that our family can’t survive with that little money- if you have any good thoughts, vibes, prayers, please send them my way this morning.