Old 09-27-2017, 07:33 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  
hns0685

Day 26 check in. After such a positive post yesterday, I sure did have a hard night. The craving to drink kicked in full force- I was even imagining driving to the store, what the alcohol would taste like... I called my dad who I'm not really close with but haven't checked in with for a while to distract myself, then I called my mom, then I called my new sponsor in AA... I basically just kept people on the phone until husband got home from coaching last night. It worked and when I went to bed the craving had passed, but I still felt crunchy.

Today is not starting off on a good note- just checked my bank account and SS survivors benefits were not deposited last night like they were supposed to. We really depend on that money throughout the month to survive. I'm currently waiting on a phone call back from SS to find out what happened.

Sorry to not repsond to anyone this morning and making this post all me, me, me... I'm off to therapy this morning and a bit nervous of what will come up in that too. Hopefully it's healing and I walk out feeling better.

I really hope everyone has a good day today. Drinking is NOT worth it and I will stay sober today!