Old 09-27-2017, 02:24 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Leeloo

LoveHateWine, yes I’m beginning to really understand that moderation is not my think. I had a weird realization the other day. The first time I ever picked up a drink at 13 I drank myself into a black out. Like passed out in a corner, and then vomiting all night when I came to. I guess that says it all. Hope the spinning went well, that one’s a killer!

Linners, it’s only been a bit over a week for me and I already feel like I’m loosing weight. Could also be that I just feel that way because I’m feeling better in my body. Either way, feels great!

HNS, glad things are going well. Congratulations on getting a sponsor. I’ve never had one, but I hear it’s been the thing many people credit for their continued sobriety.

Stronger, don’t ever feel embarrassed. We’re all in the same boat. Nobody here is better than you.

Viper, I love some self-pampering. Makes me feel really good about myself and like I want to take better care of this body of mine. Your dinner sounds delicious too!

Sober, good you’re taking control at work. Nothing worse than bad work relationships. We spend way too much time there for not have it be a healthy environment.

Bulldog, I find it hard to make decisions at times. Is it imperative for you to move now? I moved from London to France without thinking too much about it (my husband got a job here), and it turned out great. I guess the question is do you have real doubts whether this is the best decision? In which case, I’d wait until you feel surer about it. Or is it just nervousness of the unknown? In which case, go right ahead and do it now.

Denied fish, congrats on a month!

Caprice, sounds like your in a solid place in terms of how you feel about drinking. I feel much different this time around than last time. More like it’s something I need to do in order to lead a happy life, not something I should do.

Everyone else, keep on posting and keep on rocking!

Pretty standard Wednesday for me, just going to work and then home to walk the dog and chill. Don’t be expecting any triggers. But already worrying about next week, where I’ll be spending a week on holidays with my parents which would normally be the time for day time drinking and copious amounts of wine for dinner.

Maybe I’ll focus on being designated driver again at all times, that seems to help.