Old 09-25-2017, 08:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
heavencanwait

Originally Posted by Joilee View Post
Has anyone been inpatient detoxes and come home feeling horrible on day 7? I expected to not be able to sleep and have anxiety but my feet have started tingling and my brain feels like it is buzzing and foggy and I still have nausea?
I had a seizure upon intake. They used Ativan they whole time except the last night. Am I now detoxing Benzodiazepines?
I have had a month of hell. I started drinking August 2nd when my mother was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. She died Sept 2nd. The last 2 weeks I got very little sleep as she wanted to die at home. The last 3 days I got no sleep since I had to give her morphine every 3 hours then 2hours then every hour. This may be contributing to such a rough detox?
I am so sorry about the loss of your Mom. The grieving may have a lot to do with how you are feeling physically and mentally. It has not been long for either your recovery or the loss. Get lots of rest, try and eat well (even if you don't have much of an appetite, eat little bits), drink lots of water, and just plain "do you". You need this time to heal. Things will get better as time goes on. Just keep believing in yourself.