Notices

Scared...6 days sober / 1 day out of detox symptoms bad

Old 09-24-2017, 07:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Scared...6 days sober / 1 day out of detox symptoms bad

Has anyone been inpatient detoxes and come home feeling horrible on day 7? I expected to not be able to sleep and have anxiety but my feet have started tingling and my brain feels like it is buzzing and foggy and I still have nausea?
I had a seizure upon intake. They used Ativan they whole time except the last night. Am I now detoxing Benzodiazepines?
I have had a month of hell. I started drinking August 2nd when my mother was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. She died Sept 2nd. The last 2 weeks I got very little sleep as she wanted to die at home. The last 3 days I got no sleep since I had to give her morphine every 3 hours then 2hours then every hour. This may be contributing to such a rough detox?
Old 09-24-2017, 07:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Joilee

I didn't go to detox but it took me a little more than a week to feel OK again.

You've been through a lot and I'm very sorry for your loss.

I am NOT a Dr but I would not be surprised if that level of recent stress has had a lasting impact.

D
Old 09-25-2017, 01:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear of your recent loss. I felt bad for weeks when I quit. You are also grieving which I would imagine could intensify all the symptoms.
Can you reach out to others for support?
Take care.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hows it going Joilee?

D
Old 09-25-2017, 07:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

I did inpatient rehab which included detox. They told me I was at an extremely high risk for DTs and seizures. I think they gave me a high dose of Valium (like Ativan but longer acting) which was tapered for 9 days.

At 7 days I was still pretty shaky. Did they give you any follow-up care?
Old 09-25-2017, 08:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Joilee View Post
Has anyone been inpatient detoxes and come home feeling horrible on day 7? I expected to not be able to sleep and have anxiety but my feet have started tingling and my brain feels like it is buzzing and foggy and I still have nausea?
I had a seizure upon intake. They used Ativan they whole time except the last night. Am I now detoxing Benzodiazepines?
I have had a month of hell. I started drinking August 2nd when my mother was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. She died Sept 2nd. The last 2 weeks I got very little sleep as she wanted to die at home. The last 3 days I got no sleep since I had to give her morphine every 3 hours then 2hours then every hour. This may be contributing to such a rough detox?
I am so sorry about the loss of your Mom. The grieving may have a lot to do with how you are feeling physically and mentally. It has not been long for either your recovery or the loss. Get lots of rest, try and eat well (even if you don't have much of an appetite, eat little bits), drink lots of water, and just plain "do you". You need this time to heal. Things will get better as time goes on. Just keep believing in yourself.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Checking back in

I still feel lousy but better. Not sleeping well at all, but did get 4 hours last night. They did an Ativan taper which ended Saturday. My vision is very blurry and just feel very off. Still scared I really did some permanent damage to my brain, eyes and body this time. I had switched from 80 proof to 100 proof but drank at the same level as my last stupid relapse of a handle every 2 days. I hope my eyes come back. Reading close up is a struggle & distance is a challenge. I start outpatient group therapy Monday & I have 1 on 1 therapy tomorrow. Went back to my 7AM meeting this morning and am trying to set up more rides, no license on 2nd offense for 5 years! I feel like such a failure
Old 09-27-2017, 07:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I came out of a 7 day detox about 9 days ago. the first week was fury, trying to get all the stuff done i'd been putting off while drinking. Overloading myself and getting frustrated at not being able to do things.

I dont think i'd been that angry ever in my life. Judging by the little
picture in your post you know what i mean.

Getting out of detox has been rough, it felt a lot safer in the clinic,
away from all of lifes issues, then you get out and have to deal
with everything while your bodys going through hell and you
feel sick and angry.

I got out of detox 9 days ago and do feel better,and less angry
but when life gives you constant tests it can get a bit much.
Especially with things going on in your head and body. yeh.

This is why i looked up this forum.

Youre not alone mate

Sorry for loss of your mum. I lost my old man a few years ago
in my arms too.

If you need to chat you can pm me if you want,try to stay strong.

( i know its easier said than done,especially when lifes throwing constant curveballs)

Cheers.