Old 09-25-2017, 06:49 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
notgonnastoptry

Thank you, all.

What is unrelentingly sad is we don't have much debt. The things I defaulted on were stupid CC payments--like 30 dollars a month, minimum! Those turned into reported "lates" and then I just decided not to pay Firestone money I had and I also decided to charge off a smallish credit card. Have no idea what my problem was. Oh, I do. Drunk. Not opening mail and not wanting my husband involved. He did the taxes or we'd be in deeper trouble.

I just have to wait it out until these derogatory marks fad over time, drop, or god knows. The eviction thing is going to be pulled at every potential rent. so glad my husband and i only put one name on the apartments. I also live in multiple places, so while that made things complicated, it's really no excuse.

I also didn't open mail, take phone calls, deal with any of this. In fact, at one of my residences, I didn't even bother to acquire mailbox keys (this really didn't matter, actually since they usually didn't mail stuff, but there were a few times that hurt me, too).