Old 09-23-2017, 08:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
notgonnastoptry

the fallout never seems to end (who else had financial woes)?

I would just like to thank my former alcoholic self for creating a world of hurt in every way. I've already complained about the physical damage, personal damage, etc.

Now, it's time to face down the financial wreak I created. What's maddening is none of this needed to happen. Income hasn't changed (it's gone up slightly) and there was never any shortage of money, even with the drinking.

There was also no shortage of idiocy and drunken laziness.

I'm just starting to face down my carelessness and some isn't going away any time soon.

There was a time I just didn't pay my rent. Oh, yeah. The money was in the bank. I just didn't feel like turning on the computer or getting off whatever website I was drunkenly starring into.

That same month, there were the warning notices. Those were ignored. I finally snapped into action after they started the eviction process.

Paid immediately when I was jolted back to reality. But, it's still on my record. It wasn't a judgment and it was dismissed, but it shows up.

Then there were the many times I let 20 dollar minimum payments go months in. Those show up as 120 days late. Derogatory.

I can't forget about the tiny medical bill that ballooned because calling insurance would have gotten in the way of drinking. I was able to pay for deletion on that one. Haven't been so lucky with the others.

There was the time I opted for a charge off (I barely remember these details, to be honest).

Then there was the other time I didn't pay firestone, they charged off, and get this I PAID THEM AND DIDN'T ASK FOR A DELETE. Lucky me, a paid chargeoff.

So, yeah, while we had all of the money to pay all of this, I selected not to be bothered with so many of these things. Yet, I somehow managed to function highly at work. Why I couldn't have just held out for another hour and pay my god&&&& bills, I don't know.

One of the more ridiculous but very costly consequences that has lasting effects.