View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 05:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
maia1234

Nola,
This is not a race, it is a marathon. Step back and make calculated decisions. First off I would turn off the gps. You are an adult and no one needs to monitor you, especially a "sober" addict. Second his sobriety is not white knuckling it, its about growing up, sobering up and working a program. Is he doing that?

So technically he has done nothing. I am not sure i understand this correctly, so your feeling guilty about filing for divorce? Nothing has changed but him "maybe" hiding that he is drinking to keep on good terms with you while you are so angry. Eating marijuana edibles is not considered being sober. They always say that when addicts seek sobriety you can tell. Is he going to meetings, seeking support from other sober addicts, is thinking of others before himself, doesn't sound like it. I am sorry, but I have never met an addict whos first meeting at aa, said they loved it.

Divorce takes a long time. Follow through with the meeting. He hasn't changed and I would also demand that he backs off. Turning is obsession on to you is not going to get him any "best husband awards" anytime soon. In my mind he is nothing but a "sober" drunk, same characteristics. Sorry take your time and it will all fall into place the way it's suppose to.