Thread: Extreme Fatigue
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 11:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Pathwaytofree

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
MY experience with fatigue- diagnosed with Chronic Stress fat/synd years ago (for all that is was worth), anxiety/clinical depression, Post nearly fatal burns- c-PTSD.
Hi PhoenixJ,

Thanks for your reply. What type of doctor diagnosed you with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? What do you mean "for all that it was worth)"? I sometimes wonder if I have c-PTSD but a therapist hasn't mentioned it. Oh my gosh, I am sorry to hear you suffered nearly fatal burns.

My goal every day- is to do ANYTHING...from washing dishes and having a shower ..4 hours activity. I sleep badly too. For me- SLOWLY...
Yeah I have many days like that.... However, I sleep well. I probably sleep too much. I do find if I do an activity slowly, like washing dishes, it helps keeps the general anxiety down.

I saw a doc- am on an anti-d for neuropathic pain/sleep and depression- one a day...it has also lessened anxiety- which I though was mental, by 40%. I NEED the med. I levels the playing field.
I've heard others use the description "it levels the playing field" and the more people in AA I've talked to, the more I've learned that there are many other people on antidepressants and it helps them in addition to their recovery work.

- I remember the Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired/thirsty, Sad/stressed thing. If any of those- I fix it- or get some one to help me fix it. So it may mean a snack- a 10 minute nana nap and more water...LOTS of water.
I try to do this, too.

I walk. Some days 4 hours, the next- 10 minutes. I keep pushing myself.
Sometimes I can push myself to walk, many times I can't. Wow you walk for 4 hours?!

I see a psychologist and with CBT- work on my memory and problem solving. I keep a diary and write lists for everything. Email is good for this.
I just started CBT and I am looking forward to getting into it. I'm told by friends my memory issues are probably hormonal and anxiety/depression. I write lists but I don't organize where I write them, so it gets a little chaotic. I email myself way too many things so that gets overwhelming.

I am on a high protein , low carb diet...to level out my energy.
I eat healthy but I'm not a fan of high protein low carb. I do notice, however, when I eat too many refined carbs, I get even more lethargic than normal.

I paint- lots. ART- just to release pent up energy.
That's so cool to be able to lose yourself in a creative hobby like that. :-)

Empathy and support to you.
Thank you! To you as well.