Thread: Extreme Fatigue
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 11:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Pathwaytofree

Sorry I've been procrastinating on my own thread because I'm not dealing with it. :-(

Thanks everyone for your responses. Time to be an adult, deal with it, and respond.

Hi Ariesagain!

My first year of menopause was Armageddon. I have never felt more exhausted or strung out...it's not a coincidence that was my last year of drinking. Something had to give...you're a step ahead on that score, so good for you!
It would be interesting to see if this crushing fatigue is actually due to hormones or what. I haven't hit the year mark for it to be true menopause yet.

I googled the side effects of Topomax and the first thing listed was tiredness.
Hmm well at least you have your answer? Although if it works, I personally would take tiredness over debilitating chronic migraines any time.

Time to march back into your MD's office and get an evaluation, yes? You may be far more sensitive to meds right now because of the hormonal imbalance. I certainly was and have stayed that way...I always ask to start with a quarter dose of any new medication for that reason.
My doctor's on it. He thinks I need an increase in my antidepressants. He's thorough with blood work.

I didn't realize hormone imbalances make one more sensitive to meds? Interesting. I'm happy to say when I finally took my migraine medication, (in 2 years I only took it once before......stupid of me not to take it.......) it worked moderately okay and I didn't have side effects. But I am concerned how an increase in SSRI or change in SSRI might make me feel.
Sending you a hug!
Thank you!!