View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 07:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sasha1972

This info isn't online in my jurisdiction, but I did find ex on the docket of upcoming court dates at the main courthouse. He's charged with two offenses for the same incident and he has a first court date in a couple of weeks (to plead).

Where I live, penalties for drunk driving are pretty severe, even for a first offense (which this technically is but actually is not). When he was arrested, his name should have pulled up the police files on the previous drunk driving incident in May, even though he was not charged, as well as at least two other incidents in the past year in which police were called because of him fighting with ex-wife #2 while drunk.

In my jurisdiction, anyone charged with impaired driving has their license suspended immediately until the criminal charges are resolved, so it looks like since then he's been driving with a suspended license. Smart move.

I don't know what Kid knows. I am not going to tell her at this point - that would be an overshare. If her father ends up going to jail, she'll have to know.

If she does know something already, that might indeed explain why she's been withdrawn and difficult recently, and it would be totally his MO ("you can't tell your mom about this, it's a secret for you and me"). And he would use her as an audience for painting himself as the victim (nobody understands how much stress he's under! And the police acted far outside their mandate, and he's going to file a human rights complaint! which is what he did with the previous drunk driving incident).

I am really hoping that this will be the last straw that makes it obvious to ex and his lawyer that they have no hope of retaining joint custody should this go to court, and that they will agree on consent to me having sole custody. But as my lawyer said "he's still only charged - it would be better if he were actually convicted". I'm getting the feeling that ex would have to go on a shooting spree in broad daylight at the mall and mow down a busload of nuns before I could finally be confident that a judge would say "yes, this person poses a risk to a child and should not have custody".

He hasn't contacted me or Kid for over a week - I only know he's alive because he's instructed his lawyer to write nasty letters to mine about how I am "spitefully and maliciously" obstructing his access to Kid.