View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 02:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
earlybird

Originally Posted by got_2loveme
You might think about trying to contact the state in regards to this. . .I have been to treatment centers before . . . and I know that there are people that came into treatment that was completely state funded. . .I don't know to much about the laws of the state that you live in. . .But I'm kinda forced to believe that almost all states must have some kind of similiar funding . . .

As far as the kids goes. . .I don't want to shatter your hopes. . .but my experience proves that it took my daughter being taken away from me. . .do to my using career. . .for me to do anything about it. . .And this was after having been through a treatment center & hospitalized 3 additional times in the course of 10 months before her dad took her for a visit & didn't return her under the agreement that we had made with one another.

There truly is hope, for me I had to be willing to ask & accept the help that was lying at my feet. People can do alot for me when it comes to helping me. . .but only I can become willing. . .no one can make me willing. . .My motives this last time that I went through treatment - were wrong - because they were about going so that I could get my daughter back. . .and "i'm gonna show that a**hole". . .but soon after I got to treatment. . .I had what I like to call a spiritual awakening & found God as I understand him. . .true God reliance & serving him. . .for me today is what has helped me recover !! I have adapted the 12 step programs on AA & NA to my life . . . it is my life today . . . because it is what my Higher Power has giving me guidance in. . .I must say that God could & would if he were sought. . .thats what my experience has shown me. . .because I have had many relapses - because I wanted to do things my way. . .I have proven myself failure - everytime that I do things my way. . .I think that you can talk to your mother without shoving anything down her throat. . .(we usually rebel when told what we NEED to do or what we SHOULD be doing) . . . possibly just try to have compassion - but be honest. . .and see where it goes. . .however, don't be devestated if in fact she is just completely againest any of it. . .she will find it in time. . .right now God is carrying her. . .

I hope that I haven't offened anyone by using the word God as often as I have - this is only MY Experience, Strength, & Hope. . .

I was state funded ( Michigan ) when I went into in-patient treatment. Funded for 30 days. I had ZERO insurance. I too,...thought I wouldnt be able to get help due to lack of funds. I found that it was actually very easy to get the help I needed. The children thing though,.....it may be that you HAVE to go into IN-patient treatment. That means living AT the treatment center for 20 days or a month or whatever. Arent there any relatives that could act as legal guardian for you??