View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 04:25 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Obladi
Life Goes On

Going through the living room this morning, I wondered how a lamp had been turned on then remembered I had installed a timer. How nice of me!

My eldest is coming to visit this evening after IOP. Not sure we'll have much quality time as I'm likely to be pretty tired, but that's ok. I'll be glad to have her here, to see her reactions to the progress I've made with the house, and to send a bunch of food home with her! It's so very good to not have those old feelings of needing to frantically get ready or just leaving things because there is no hope or wondering how I will get my drinks in without her knowing.

Danged if today's meditation isn't yesterday's prayer:
I pray that I may see God’s grace in the strength I receive, the love I know, and the peace I have. I pray that I may be grateful for the things I have received through the grace of God.
Quoted from the book 24 Hours a Day.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/twen...ign-mpt=uo%3D4
These sorts of coincidences used to blow my mind. I still think it's pretty neat, but now just nod my head in recognition. My previous sponsor would say, "That's just God showing off."

I had a couple of cravings yesterday, but no urges and no debating about whether I would or wouldn't drink. Just noticed them and then thought about what I might need at that time. The first time I ate something and the second time I went to bed. And I woke up naturally to another new day that holds possibility rather than resignation to a miserable existence.

Going to occupational health today for my official clearance to return to work. I can't think of a single thing that would cause a set-back aside from drinking before I go there. Ain't happening. Nor will I drink after.

Physically: Stiff back, no headache
Mentally: Scattered - wanting to do So Many Things
Spiritually: See above