Thread: Planning a Slip
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 06:04 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
swlnyc2017

Well you told on yourself here, good for you. It's not uncommon to plan a slip when you are about to achieve a milestone. Just because we stop drinking doesn't mean we stop being alcoholics. Seems like you are in AA so talking with your sponsor is a good idea. Another good idea might be instead of planning your slip, plan to stay sober during your trip. Plan ahead and see what AA meetings are available to where you are going. Call the intergroup in the area where you are going and see if you can make contact with a sober person who will go to a meeting with you. I have done a lot of trips in my time and have always connected to AA where I am going. And I have been to AA meetings all over the world, and it was amazing...Montreal, Brazil, out West, Asia, Scotland...they follow basically the same format, but some of the fellowship aspects after the meetings are culturally different, I have made new friends and have stayed sober and have wonderful times on those trips, both business and pleasure. Plan to stay sober, not to slip. I wish you well