Old 09-07-2017, 02:49 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Tetra

Oh God. I'm back to work with a bang after 3 days annual leave. I do not get paid half enough for all the things I have to do.
After work I went to town to buy a book and I was standing in the queue to buy a book. Some guy merrily skipped by me which I was annoyed about then he began shouting at a pal of his who was outside the queue. The cashier came back and looked at the two of us and said "who is next?" The guy strode up merrily to the cashiers desk. At that point I arrived beside him and told her "I was actually queuing but yet he arrived before me". The guy turned to me and said "oh excuse me. You go ahead" in an extremely sarcastic tone and made a big show out of making a bow. I thanked him and went ahead.

The only reason I did this is because I have been through this with my therapist many many times. I always put up with this type of thing. And then my therapist would say "and when you let that behaviour go, how does it make you feel?" I would tell him "very angry, also sad. More angry at myself that I could not stick up for myself ever. And I would be angry for the rest of the night".

Today I skipped out of that bookstore with a new energy and a happy heart.

I hope you all have a good weekend too