View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 01:25 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
SoberBlondie

Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
Morning!! How is everyone doing? Last night with my friends turned out to be really nice. It wasn't much of a movie night, but a warm up before Nick Cave's gig later this month, so we watched a three-hour DVD featuring live performances, rare footage and interviews. It was awesome! My friends were having drinks and I had a brief thought of joining them, but then I played this scenario in my head: I will have a drink, I will stop focusing on what I'm watching and start obsessing over when I can have a next drink and how to leave before 10pm so I can still buy alcohol (Licensing hours in Scotland). It helped, and I had a very nice evening instead.

SoberBlondie - I can hardly remember my dreams, but I used to have dreadful nightmares about various things, so I'm ok with not being able to recall them anymore. I love to read about different symbols & interpretation of dreams though, it's really fascinating. Also congrats on day 24!
Dream analysis is the best! I love it
Thanks for the support and wonderful job on getting through your night without drinking.
Nights out with friends are often triggers for me, especially when it's something to do with music. Used to go to so many live shows and the memories all include alcohol.
Actually, the few times I saw bands sober were some of the best memories! Once I was on antibiotics, and once I just decided not to drink (an oddity back in the day) but I remember the nights like they were even more magical

I am going to a festival on the 22nd for a friends' Bachelorette party- excited to watch some live music and not drink!