View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 08:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Psyoxy

I need some advice, please

Ok, not sure where to start.

My mother is addicted to prescription drugs and could quite possibly have severe depression and anxiety problems. She knows she is addicted and she knows she needs help, but so many things stop her from getting the help she needs.

She currently cares for my two younger half sisters. They are 10 and 8 years old. Her first concern is that if she admits to haveing a drug problem, they will be taken from her. Now let me be the first to say, me haveing been raised by her myself, that her children always, always come first. She takes these drugs so she can get herself up everyday to work her ass off for the money it takes to feed and clothes my sisters. Her second concern is money. She's a self employed housekeeper and works extremely long and hard days, almost every day of the week. But she is barely making ends meat. She has no insurance to speak of because she is self employed.

But she just turned 40 and she barely tops 95lbs on the scale. She never eats and is constantly getting horribly sick, like heinous sinus infections and cold that just won't go away. She needs help.

I find it hard to believe that in this country someone in her situation can't get help. Surely there must be someway to help her without having her childern ( her only reason for living) taken away or putting herself into further debt.

Please, she really needs help. She will die within the next five years if something isn't done. I myself, can't afford to even help her finacially and the rest of our family....well that's a whole different story.

Please, I need some information. Some hope that maybe there is a way to help my mother. To get her the help she needs.

So, please, any information on the legalities of such things or maybe a website or hotline number that I could call would be so greatly appreciated. Any information of how the financial aspect of this stuff works would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.