Old 09-01-2017, 09:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Garfield71

I really hate my husband right now & don't know what to do...

I am on day 4. The first week of sobriety is always the hardest, and I am excited to be more than halfway through. I was drinking a bottle to two bottles of wine every night. I am still afraid of seizures (I did get medication from my Dr to help detox at home). I fell while drunk a couple of months ago, and broke my hand. I have stomachaches all of the time. It was killing me. We are going away for the weekend with our kids, and he wants to stop at a brewery. I told him that I didn't think it was a good idea, and he said "but it's tradition, one or two glasses of wine won't hurt you". I told him that it's a slippery slope, and it would lead to more drinking. He then said "Well, Im not the one with the problem, I don't know why the whole family should suffer". The brewery does have good food, and the kids love the homemade root beer. He was the first one to shame me and get angry when I used to drink too much and act stupid, yet he is encouraging me to drink. He knows, after years of this, that I can't control it. He is also not a 'normal' drinker. He binges 1-2 times a month, when out with friends. He has drove drunk on multiple occasions. He thinks that is normal apparently, because he isn't getting drunk daily. I just don't have it in me to fight with him right now. If I point out his hypocrisy, it will cause a huge row. I'm just so sad and emotional. Sorry for the rant.