View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 06:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Curtinmd

Originally Posted by HTown View Post
Really the only test is this: is alcohol causing problems in your life? shame? guilt? trouble with wife? depressed mood? are you secretly worried? tired of being tired? the amount is not the key for me, the problems are. light alcohol use is ok but I am much happier without any at all. you might be suprised how much better you feel. quit for 90 days and reassess.
I cant say its causing any issues in the areas you listed at this point in my life. Maybe back in my 20's but not today or anytime in the last decade I would say. I think it would come down to degree of problems or if you feel the benefit outweights any harm. Any thoughts on degree of problem that would signify an issue. A " problem" is kind of a vague and pretty subjective term. One could consider lots of things problems. For example is the 10 dollars I spent at happy hour last Friday a financial "problem"? I can liv without the 10 bucks so no. Or is a moment of minor shame a "problem"? Its just kind of a very flexible standard that if you see a problem you could construe it as a a problem or not. Guess it comes down to what degree of problem you are willing to accept