View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 10:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Curtinmd

Took online alcohol screening Quizzes

I took multiple online alcohol screening Quizzes. They either came back as no problem or mild alcohol abuse disorder depending on the test. As far as alcohol dependence goes I do not meet the criteria for alcohol dependence at all. I did answer them honestly.

So if I do have any issue with drinking it seems to be a mild one at worst. I'm not a daily drinker. Usually just 2 or 3 beers on Friday after work and maybe 3 or 4 on sunday.

I guess my question is basically the line between healthy drinking so to speak and problem drinking? Ive read that alcohol problems usually is a progressive disease that gets worse. I drank a hell of a lot more in my 20's then I do now (I'm 39) so I cant say its progressing. Also I guess the other thing you are supposed to look at is if your drinking causes problems. I can say honestly it isn't at the moment. It caused some issues back in my 20s but I cant say it does now,

I know there is no blood test or MRI they run on you that can determine if your an alcoholic so I guess any diagnosis is going to be somewhat subjective and open to interpretation.

Anyway thoughts.
Thank you