View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 09:16 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
biminiblue

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
That's a great idea. I generally like all types of music, it is only specific music that gets me riled up. I need to find some relaxing new genre's that I have no previous association with. I like jazz, I've heard classical music can be extremely therapeutic.
Good thing about Pandora is you can choose certain types of music or favorite artists to make a specialized/personalized "station," then Pandora runs with your choices and recommends other music that's similar. You can also have many different stations with different vibes to each station. I have a "quiet music" one, a "beach music" one, an "exercising beats" one, and then you can also do a station shuffle and get a mix of your chosen stations - OR you can rate songs and they are on a "best of (called thumbprint radio)" station for you to hear a variety of your chosen favorites.

You can block individual artists or single songs by downvoting them so that you don't hear them (or don't hear them again). I like the freedom and I like being introduced to new stuff.

Also, if you have a ROKU, the free version played through ROKU doesn't have as many ads as the online version. You can buy the subscription version and have no ads - the paid version isn't expensive, if ads annoy you.