View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 04:42 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Obladi
Life Goes On

I snoozed that alarm twice and got out of bed at 0600 - too late to make the morning meeting. But there's another at 10am much closer to my house, so that's ok.

Morning mantra:
Help me, Lord
To sing a new song

I just tried to change the word "Lord" there because I don't want to come off as overly religious - I'm not. This spiritual world is new to me and quite different from the one I experienced when I was a child and young adult. I've been trying to come up with a better word to convey who/what I mean, but like many other people across the centuries have found, no word is big enough. My mom and sister both have masters in theology, so I think I'll bring this discussion to them. In the meantime, I'll use whichever of the plethora of words that fits.

I'm making time for fun today - going to see the movie, "Step" before IOP. It's funny that I hold a little bit of reluctance about this - it will cut into my house reclamation. It's as if I can't have any fun until everything is done. Which could take months. I don't know where that comes from.

In the meantime, will bring in my Goodwill booty and move that last big piece of furniture to its new location, which will of course lead me to more rearranging. It's all good.

Physically: Rested - the morning headache is almost gone
Mentally: All synapses operational (I think? How would I know if I were missing any? )
Spiritually: Inquisitive