View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 07:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Cap3

Hey Mystical,you are no longer all alone.Alcoholism is often called the family disease.The alocholic acts,and the family reacts,to all what the alcoholic is doing.Whether the alcoholic drinks or doesnt drink.All focus is on the alcoholic.And this puts alot of pressure on another,with expectations,,to perform in the manner that others think that they should..When expectaions are not met,everyone is hurt.In recovery i learn to let go,let God,and work on my own recovery.To be supportive,but not interfering with their recovery.,or having any expectations,on any outcome.This frees me.I tell my kids the truth.At the ages of your kids,alateen is a great program.Will also help them with their own recovery,in this disease.When, the family is working ,on their own,recovery,then what the alcoholic does or doesnt do,doesnt have so much power,impact,to affect,others,as it would have for those who are not informed about alcoholism.,and woring their own recovery..Read all that you can about alcoholism.This will help you and your kids too.May want to take them to an open AA meeting.My sponsor says that the family that works,in recovery ,pretty much,stays together,when each are working their own recovery program,and stays out of the other family member,s,recovery program.In al-anon we say hands off.And i found that this,works for me also.Making no judgement.Having no expecations.Acceptance,where another is in their own recovery.It takes what it takes,on this healing journey,.One Day At A time...
Wishing you family all the best,my prayers are with you all.
God Bless and take care!!!!!!!!