View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 07:11 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Obladi
Life Goes On

Went to church and it was awesome. The Swami spoke about "singing a new song." We have scripts that we run over repeatedly in our heads that are doing us no good and oftentimes cause harm. She earnestly invited us to create a new song out of the goodness of the universe, the Aum (Om). Like EST with compassion. (Who gets that reference?)

So of course this is cool to me since I've been doing all of this work from the inside out. And I frankly never thought of "sing a new song" in reference to me and my being. It was just one of those church songs that really filled me with joy when I was young.

https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Da...ing-a-New-Song

Came home and cleaned out the front closet - hooray! I've got one more piece of furniture (aside from the treadmill), then I'm done with heavy lifting and on to cupboards and deep cleaning of everywhere. Scored 3 nice area rugs and two professionally framed prints at Goodwill this afternoon along with a lamp and various other sundries. Looking forward to putting them in place. I am beyond finally liking my home now - I'm starting to love it.

Meeting tonight was about the 4th step. I kept my gaze to the floor because I have no experience. Although I do feel I'm preparing in any number of ways...

Off to bed with me now as my alarm is set for 0545!

Physically: Tired
Mentally: Strained
Spiritually: Aware