View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 09:28 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

Jeepgirl.....I think this is "link day"....lol...
I am going to give you one that is for women going through divorce. It is not to take the place of an attorney, of course...but, it is very educational, in nature. It covers almost every area of concern during divorce.....
It is organized by state....

Divorce Advice, Laws, and Information from WomansDivorce.com

In my opinion, and my experience from working with and knowing alcoholics, clinically, and, in my personal life.....
I feel very strongly about AA. I think that it should be a foundation for anyone who wants to be sober....it is compatible with any other kinds of help that a person needs....and, to be sure, there is often the need for specific kinds of simultaneous help....A lot of alcoholics have other conditions that the alcoholic may struggle with...like depression, ADD, past abuse (sexual and otherwise). etc.....
If he seeks help from a counselor...I suggest that he , at least, start with one who is a certified alcoholism counselor...because that person will know enough to kick his butt to AA.
these days, there is more awareness of dual diagnosis...and, the need to treat all of the persons conditions. Of course, the drinking has to be stopped for anything else to have much long term success.....

does this answer for you?

You can get free initial consults from a lot of lawyers.....the above link, that I gave, will help you to have a list of the important questions to ask the lawyer...to save time....