Old 08-27-2017, 08:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Frustrated47

Originally Posted by Gottalife View Post
The only thing that will make him drink is untreated alcoholism. Strangely enough the circumstances in which he now finds himself were the same for me, and that resulted in me sincerely taking action to treat my alcoholism. My recovery started by talking with a recovered alcoholic from AA one Sunday afternoon. He didn't charge me anything. Within three weeks I had taken my last drink.

Sometimes it takes serious consequences to prompt us to take action. Folks like me don't seem to be able to honestly see the problem until everything has gone down the toilet,
I'm so glad you are better now. That's a horrible place to be.

How did you do it all?

How did you eat, live without heat or indoor plumbing, function without money, transportation, or a phone, much less another person in your corner?

He is more than just the horrible things he's done in the past. He's more than just an alcoholic.

When he's sober he can be the most wonderful person. He would bring me flowers for no reason. He would cook, clean, fix things, and would dote on me all the time.

I feel like I didn't really have a choice but to end it yet feel like I have lost so much that will never be replaced.