View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 06:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
emmanuel2012
Your Distant Friend

raves and sobriety

this urges me to point out the fact that
people don't force anything into your mouth.
and that if you have half a mind to go to a party with drugs and do them, you will. but if you have a whole mind to not use drugs,
just as if you have a whole mind not to be seduced,
you won't be doing any drugs or seduced, no matter where you are.

a friend of a friend is a recovering alcoholic and works at the liquor store.
so what? it pays the bills!

this brings up a major beef i have with people who tout the people places and things concept too much..--- wherever you go - there you are.

they told me i have to change my career as a techno producer (ie change the music i make) if i want to stay sober. F--- THAT! the music that moves me is electronic dance music, the kind you find at raves. im a total trance/nu school breaks addict. and i know i'm allergic to psychedelics.

i went to many parties sober, with that intention. and i still can....still do.

the question remains to many ignorant people that have never been to a party is wether you can have a good time at a rave without drugs. i've done the research folks.. the answer is yes! if you want to dance, a rave is the best place to do it at. period. the music is amazing - the vibe is amazing.

then there are those other ignorant folks who say "if the drugs dont kill you, the lifestyle will" doh! there is nothing remotely unhealthy about listening to music and dancing the night away!! i dont see anyone at raves with guns and prostitutes like you can see on any major city corner. if anything, the party people ive seen are more cleancut , intelligent and harmless than most people walking around in any given suburban mall.

end rant.

peace love unity respect (remember this one?)