View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 02:34 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Wholesome

* One of the women asked if anyone was worried about who they might be sober. Good discussion followed. I amazed myself by talking about being excited at the prospect of what I might discover. That's totally new for me; first time I've ever really felt that way.

This is huge! I remember feeling this way when I quit this last and final time. I had been using one substance or another since I was teenager so I didn't know who I really was without them. It turned my whole perspective around when I decided to be excited about discovering that instead of fearful of how I would be able to live without numbing myself or checking out of reality. It was a pivotal moment. It's choosing to learn through wisdom instead of fear. I used to have a lot of irrational fear and it kept me drinking and stuck. That voice in my head telling me that I wasn't enough, that I needed something outside of myself to be ok. That I wouldn't be able to handle life without some crutch. Those were all lies that my AV told me.

I'm glad you had that insight. Be excited! Now you get to find out who your authentic self is.