View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 08:29 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Obladi
Life Goes On

Ah fini, I can always count on you to peel back the layer on the onion. What I meant to say was "It was nice of them to say so because I'm glad they took the trouble to say they perceive me that way." But underneath that "jokey" exterior lies the person who whispers, "but that's just a few people and they don't really know me anyhow." Building confidence is definitely in my plan, but I haven't figured out a way to actually do that. At the moment, I'm hoping that as the depression lifts and the anxiety abates through the concrete things I'm doing, the rest will follow.

Filed the claim today - car goes to the shop Tuesday am and they will have a rental waiting there for me. Now, that wasn't so difficult, was it? I did disassemble the table and managed to get the top dragged up to the landing. It's mighty heavy, so I promised myself I would not touch it again until tomorrow. I am stronger than I think I am.

Did the intake and treatment plan thang with my IOP counselor today. New goal in addition to continuing to use the tools I've put in place is to eat healthy and exercise. As it is now written down, I must proceed. We had a good discussion in group about prioritizing ourselves and our recovery/discovery at the top of the heap lest the rest slip away. I can see pieces of my former self in the first-timers and just hope they can learn from we multiple-timers and skip the agony.

Alright, the kitchen is in a disarray and that mondo table top is perching annoyingly on the landing, but I'm going to take myself off to bed without letting it bother me.

Physically: I feel well. Tired and a wee bit achy in the back.
Mentally: Clear
Spiritually: Growing