View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 06:57 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Obladi
Life Goes On

Good morning!

I have to file a claim for my car which took on a tire in the middle of the lane on the highway. Car won, but took considerable damage to the front bumper. Oh how I hate dealing with insurance stuff! *sigh* No one was hurt, I was sober, and I can afford the deductible. What's a little inconvenience when a person is out on a nice long medical leave?

Speaking of that, a friend helped me to see that this leave is akin to a leave for any other injury. When a person has surgery on their hip, they have to stay home for a good long time to allow their body to mend. Doesn't it make sense that the same would need to happen for me with my broken brain? Loved the analogy.

IOP last night:
* My check-in included a "jokey" reference to my fear of being overbearing or abrasive. Several people interjected with their perceptions that I am helpful, confident and not at all abrasive. That was nice of them.
* One of the women asked if anyone was worried about who they might be sober. Good discussion followed. I amazed myself by talking about being excited at the prospect of what I might discover. That's totally new for me; first time I've ever really felt that way.
* There's a guy that is very much into the program, both IOP and AA. He says amazing things, some of which are right in line with Rational Recovery concepts. I loaned him "The New Cure" book; can't wait to hear his thoughts.

Okey, so I need to get on filing that claim, then think I'm going to start attacking the kitchen. It will involve disassembling and reassembling the table as I want to swap it with another and it's too big to fit through the door. That might well take a few hours. But hey, I've got time.

Time is a gift, O
Time is a gift
Omm