Thread: im out of ideas
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 03:06 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
convinced77

yes i actually started working the steps years ago but didn't stay with it, so i have an idea what to expect. its really a kind of relief to identify the problem and know that is what i need to work on. i mean i always knew in the back of my head but only want to admit it when im feeling sick or embarassed from something i did when i was drunk. but when im feeling good ill tell myself i can drink like anyone else. well i don't have anymore doubts that i'm a full blown alcoholic. i mean i can't believe the way i drink. i was actually missing the good old days when my benders only lasted one day as opposed to two or three and going to work drunk or just calling off work all together. anyway i really hope to put all that behind me.alcohol has been hurting me since before i even drank. watching my parents go through hell. its really played a big part in my life. too much so and i can't stand the thought of my children growing up to go through the same hell. for me drinking was part of being an adult because thats what i saw. i really hope my kids dont see it like i did. its time to stop this cycle