Old 08-19-2017, 11:35 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Forward12

Mine changed over the years. For the first 5 or so, I was an everyday drinker, taking maybe a day off once a week or two only because I was too natious to drink that day.
After having an alcohol related health scare, my GF at the time told me I needed to stop drinking whiskey and to cut it down (she was one of those "beer and wine are ok, but hard alcohol is only for drunks" types) so I switched to beer only and went to every other day.
This went on for about 3 years until we ended up splitting, and I slowly got back to drinking about 4-5 times a week for another 3 years. Then I made the lovely discovery that I could stop feeling like crap the next day, if I simply kept drinking. From there I went on about 5 day 24/7 drinking benders, then 2-3 days off from feeling like absolute hell. This went on for about 6 months until I had the mother of all benders, and went through the most horrific withdrawal with some DT's, hallucinations, and other terrible things. It was truly one of the, if not the most horrifying experience of my life.
Of course as a dumb alcoholic, I went back to drinking a few weeks later with a moderation program in place which worked for a little while to keep it to weekends, or 3 days a week only, which lasted for a few months, until I just had it with fighting with the alcohol.