Old 08-19-2017, 11:15 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Plenny

Thanks Steely, I have been trying to think of it as leading by example a lot.... why is it so hard? I guess I am codependent. But conscious and trying. I am hoping he will see it is possible for us to have a good life sober. I'm not sure what he wants at this point. I think he just has tunnel vision. I think he is stressed out and just wants to drink. Even though it really mucks up his progress as a person. I think he still thinks he may be able to learn how to be a functioning alcoholic. I'm really hoping seeing his mother may help. I feel as if I really have no room to tell him what to do or intervene. I really don't. I'm just a baby myself. But I have been vocal. Yesterday I told him that this is a really important time for him and I know he is so much more productive and clear headed and thrifty when he is sober. I told him that I am 100% on his side and he is my best friend. I don't think I can do more than that.

Kenton, that's a wonderful thing to do, talking with someone who may be lonely. Yeah food and service is my language when it comes to taking care of people I guess. I always tried with my mother to cook for her, but she hated me being in her kitchen. She rolled her eyes when I made her special dinners. But enough other people in my life enjoyed my cooking that I made a life out of it for a good ten years. I am glad it's over on the professional level but I am glad I did it. And now I can just feed people I love

Well I woke up early, took a shower and lay down for a minute to read, and just fell right back asleep. R woke me up at about noon. I guess I needed it! I have things to do but, honestly all I really want to do is read and fall asleep again.

Good luck Steely, Poppy and Nands! Congrats on the doggy being well Kenton.