View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 09:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sephra

I definitely agree that if he brings him camping, problem solved. I have no problem with him having contact or any of that. My problem is more that I don't want to go back to sleeping with a mag light next to me that can be used as a bat because I don't feel safe in my own home.
I also agree that it is husband stepping on/over my boundaries moreso (in this situation..) than ss.
Husband was talking to me today and the gist of it, is that he believes that ss is no longer using. that its all in the past. I didn't argue it. Truth will be revealed as it goes, and I'd love to believe thats true. Its just my eyes don't see it.
My first thought when he sprung the weekend thing on me, was actually, I wasn't going to fight about it, just let him know what I thought and then find somewhere else to be for the weekend. (Hey! I think I'm getting smarter here!)
I don't think he will ever really stop enabling his kids, although he has gotten better, but after the past several years I have gained more footing knowing I CANT be healthy and live that way. Even if it means losing the relationship. I've tried everything I know how. So, really it's up to him. But I HAVE to self protect.
Thanks. I just need to get it out there to people who understand.