View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 10:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
chiquen81

Originally Posted by heavencanwait View Post
it is time to go see the Doctor for a check-up. I am nervous, but just want to make sure all is OK. Feeling OK, just tired still. Also will be straight up with her and let her know I am an long term alcoholic. I have been watching too many videos on cirrhosis of the liver and I am scared. No symptoms of any sort ,but still want to have all blood work done. Probably should not be watching them. Anyhow just touching base. DAY 51!!!
This post is reminding me that at 40 days, I should probably book an appointment with a doctor. I'm super scared and hate anything medical, but I need to do it. I am still really exhausted and I have sore hips and a pain in my side. Low energy as well. I drank pretty heavily for 10 years, though. I am positive that I have liver damage. It doesn't mean that it's not reversible, but it's scary. I always hear those stories of alcoholics quitting drinking and then developing cirrhosis in 6 months after cessation of the drinking. It's scares the hell out of me. The only way to get peace of mind is going to a doctor.

Just a side note - the dentist is a good idea, too. Sadly, I found out that I need 3 fillings done. But at least all of my teeth aren't falling out! (I neglected to go to the dentist for two years - kept canceling due to hangovers) It's a really good idea to have good dental health because this can have a huge overall impact on your body as well. I had a good cleaning done and it was painful, but I felt healthier afterwards now that my mouth is all tidy!