Notices

Day 51 and decided

Old 08-15-2017, 02:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 51 and decided

it is time to go see the Doctor for a check-up. I am nervous, but just want to make sure all is OK. Feeling OK, just tired still. Also will be straight up with her and let her know I am an long term alcoholic. I have been watching too many videos on cirrhosis of the liver and I am scared. No symptoms of any sort ,but still want to have all blood work done. Probably should not be watching them. Anyhow just touching base. DAY 51!!!
Old 08-15-2017, 02:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job on 51 days heavencanwait 👍 and great decision to have a check up x
Old 08-15-2017, 02:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nova84 View Post
Good job on 51 days heavencanwait 👍 and great decision to have a check up x
nova84
Old 08-15-2017, 04:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wishing you the best, tho I'm sure it will be ok heavencanwait

D
Old 08-15-2017, 05:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nice! Congrats on 50!
Old 08-15-2017, 09:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done on 50 days
Old 08-15-2017, 10:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Watching videos of that sort are not good for anyone; glad you decided to get checked out.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

50 days , brilliant .
I,d stay away from Dr Google . I used to do this for the least pain or sensation and always saw what I didnt want to see which freaked me out sending me to the GP who found nothing was ever wrong .

Its good your being checked over for peace of mind .
Old 08-15-2017, 11:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sounds like a good plan.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
under new management

I ended up seeing a new doctor when I quit drinking and I went full in and told her everything. She has been fantastic and I am so happy I found her!

I did have liver enzymes testing out of range (one of the reasons I decided it was time to quit for good) and within a very short period of sobriety, all of my tests came back in the normal range.

You are doing the absolute best thing for yourself, heaven!

Old 08-16-2017, 10:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by heavencanwait View Post
it is time to go see the Doctor for a check-up. I am nervous, but just want to make sure all is OK. Feeling OK, just tired still. Also will be straight up with her and let her know I am an long term alcoholic. I have been watching too many videos on cirrhosis of the liver and I am scared. No symptoms of any sort ,but still want to have all blood work done. Probably should not be watching them. Anyhow just touching base. DAY 51!!!
This post is reminding me that at 40 days, I should probably book an appointment with a doctor. I'm super scared and hate anything medical, but I need to do it. I am still really exhausted and I have sore hips and a pain in my side. Low energy as well. I drank pretty heavily for 10 years, though. I am positive that I have liver damage. It doesn't mean that it's not reversible, but it's scary. I always hear those stories of alcoholics quitting drinking and then developing cirrhosis in 6 months after cessation of the drinking. It's scares the hell out of me. The only way to get peace of mind is going to a doctor.

Just a side note - the dentist is a good idea, too. Sadly, I found out that I need 3 fillings done. But at least all of my teeth aren't falling out! (I neglected to go to the dentist for two years - kept canceling due to hangovers) It's a really good idea to have good dental health because this can have a huge overall impact on your body as well. I had a good cleaning done and it was painful, but I felt healthier afterwards now that my mouth is all tidy!