Old 08-13-2017, 07:50 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  
Ananda

checking in!

I'm doing pretty well. I have been able to get started a bit earlier in the ay for 2 days now. I'm getting ready to go in and pare my schedule down a bit as for now I can't get so much done.

(please do not get into politics about this...but I think I can talk about this in a general way)

Things just seem so crazy these days. First it feels like we are moving toward a war with a start date of August 15. Then we hear almost nothing about it and it's all about the car attack in Virginia. So was the whole war thing BS? or is it a real probability? And of course the car weapon thing is an issue too.

I guess that is just a hard backdrop to be doing real life stuff through. At this point, it is all becoming just an annoying buzz in the background of life that I can't get rid of. So I'm off to look at the beauty in life Something Dee said rang true ...

I do believe in the good in people ... even the ones I want to blame and hate. Regardless of all the hate filled rhetoric and fear induced and inducing actions I think there is a place in the heart of all people that wants to drop bitterness and cynicism and change the world in a warm and inclusive way. Now I am not always able to see this. but it has come to my rescue time after time. I am a cynical romantic at heart

So despite my schedule for the day, what I really will do is finish mowing the back, get my last load of laundry up and away, and sort some more boxes in the study. the heck with the rest of it.

Steely .. as you unpack and sort you can think of me as I am doing the same!

Kev - I hope you are ok and just very involved with your AA support groups.

Poppy, Plenny, Kenton ... best to all of you as well.