Old 08-10-2017, 04:18 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
SandyO

We are SO pleased that you are back Nic! Alcoholism is a terrible disease and we need to continue to support and help each other. We are all at different days but each day each of us must do the same thing - not drink! Of course it's far more than that. Living a sober life is wonderful and depressing. But I now know this has nothing to do with alcohol. It's life!

I'm in a good place this week. I have a terrible habit of thinking that others stresses are my fault. It's very self- centered. I'm starting to let go of that and only taking responsibility for mistakes.
I've been sober for just over 5 months now. It's a very raw process. I've learned so many things about myself. It's important to acknowledge the good and the bad. Appreciate the good and work on the not so good to become a better overall person.
the negative thoughts still have a lot of strength but it's power is diminishing over time. I won't allow myself to get into the darkest place. I am by no means perfect far from it but I am also not the useless, hopeless, worthless, pathetic person I used to believe I was.
This community has been fundamental in helping me feel this way today. A huge thanks to all.
As Bandi said living life a sober way and knowing that drinking is not an option at all. Taking it off the table helps to focus on other ways to get through stressful situations.

So pleased to hear you are doing well, Sunny. I guess we'll be on this rollercoaster of emotions for life; let's be thankful we are going through it sober. Hang in there Nic, you know you'll start feeling better soon. Thinking of you.

How are you enjoying your new job Delilah? I hope you are able to do the work you have always wanted to do. Thank you for always being there for us.

I have a busy weekend coming up. We have a dance performance on Monday so lots of practicing before the big event. It's hard to juggle work and practice time but I love having a hobby that takes my mind away from everything. Although doesn't do any favours on the feet!

Have a great day everyone 😊