Old 08-10-2017, 03:31 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
jv369
01/28/2017

this sounds familiar.

i've been where you are many times, physically addicted so bad i had to drink vodka early in the morning just to "settle" myself. i've detoxed so many times i've lost count. countless times at home, many more in a facility. never was it easy, it is always like going through hell.

i am also a small business owner and 6.5 months ago i was yet again in your position. i couldn't afford time off. but i was also rapidly reaching the point where i wouldn't be able to function anyways. suicide was becoming a real option in my head. i was desperate.

i called 911. i ended up in ICU for a night and then spent 6 more days in a detox facility. it was the only real choice i had. i could have kept telling myself i didn't have time for it, but thats a lie. i NEEDED to do that. so i lost a week to detox. in the end it didn't matter. life moved one, i still have my business.

that said, i did not opt for treatment. i went to meetings. i have many of the same feelings you do towards religion, "god", etc. i still have trouble with the serenity prayer or anything with the word "god" in it. but i still went to meetings. i read the literature. i got a sponser. i got a homegroup. i did service. i am doing the steps. i talked to people. i built a support group. i got in the middle and grabbed hold. i am now 6.5 months sober and i love it. life is amazing, more so than i think it has ever been.

you are not unique. you can have it too. you CAN get and stay sober. every alcoholic can. you deserve this.