Thread: How to cope
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 06:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
maia1234

Welcome Klynn,
Your ah (alcoholic husband) is pulling the same crap every other addict does. You are interfering with him drinking and so your marriage is horrible. Alcoholism is progressive and he just wants to be left alone to drink. You are throwing a wrench in his plans.

I am sorry, he is a husband and a father and if he can't step up to play the part, then why have him there. You are acting as mom and dad. I agree with Lexi, contact an attorney. Find out what you will need to do. Not saying that you have to file tomorrow, just educate yourself. I hate to say it, it will not get any better.

Hit some open AA meetings, some alanon meetings, maybe a addiction therapist. He's past the point of "trying" to save him, you need to save yourself. You have kids that do not deserve to grow up in a disfunctional home. I also would agree it is better to be in a calm loving home then living in crazyness of an active addict.

Do your homework, give it some time and things will work out the way God had planned. Hugs....