View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 10:04 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
IWLSAST

Hi Gang,

Yep, been a while since I last wrote....here goes...

JL, sorry for the depression that you are experiencing. I've been down the "widow-maker block" road at 47yo. It led to bypass surgery and some 16 plus years later, all is going well. Had it not been for a difficult bend where they simply could not stint, it probs would have gone well that way instead. I golfed at 4 weeks and was back playing competitive hoops in 6 weeks. Our bodies are pretty amazing. My best as this sorts out.

Not much time right now, so, as an old IBM'er would say - net it out for me.

1. Plank challenge ended in flying colors with a group of us doing Day 30 together for 5 minutes. This month is sit-ups, crunches, and squats...day 8, today, is 30-40 and 60 each...haha, climbing fast. Next Monday I start with a personal trainer and good friend to build my upper body strength for an upcoming Savage Race. For some reason, fitness is something that gives me joy in life these days.
2. Since we moved our homegroup AA meeting due to a church sale it has been only the homegroup members that have been attending. That is nice, but, we are going to make an effort to get the word out and hopefully see bigger crowds.
3. Work - Wow, lots new on this front. A few weeks ago I accepted a second part-time position with a good friend from the gym's company. So far I've been supervising crews, project manager, looking for admin efficiency gain, sales, marketing and some good ole crunch time labor assistance. I love the diversity that it offers. Sooo, I do job 1 Mon-Wed noon, and, job 2, wed aft-fri or sat.
4. Partner shopping - Lol, no, things will never be long term with JG, but, we see each other a couple times a week. I have a couple new hot prospects. One, a 24-year AA'er and I'm going to a meeting she chairs next week...the other, a gym/yoga nut-job that is a very driven and intense business owner. On our first conversation she was asking my thoughts on a presentation she has tomorrow. She and I will kayak the Chrystal River on Sunday.
5. My oldest daughter - She had her second baby and choose not to bring me into the loop...so, a few days after she was born my youngest asked if I knew about the baby when we were talking. Well, that situation has gone from bad to worse - yep, I was pissed and reacted vs following my recovery principals.
6. On a brighter baby note to end this - for those of you that know DG (Drummer Girl), well, she just had the most beautiful baby boy!!

My best to all - off on a man-horse thing...no time or desire for drankin either!

Carlos