View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 01:12 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Danielaf89

Fiancé has been missing since Wednesday night

My fiancé has been missing since Wednesday night . We've been together now on and off for 11 years he is 31 and I am 28 . I am currently 8 month pregnant with our first child . He has always had a drug and alcohol addiction and have been to rehabs and was also in jail 3 years back for 18 months . He came out clean and sober but fell off the wagon little by little . To the weekend drinks , and occasional coke with the drinking to using me as an excuse for when we would fight that he was drink and use , stay out over night , come home and apologize and be good for a few weeks and it would happen again . This time around he took our bank card , cleared the money , and I haven't heard from him since . When he is sober this pregnancy and our relationship and his amazing job are so important to him , but he is another person when th alcohol and drugs set in . I've stressed everything , talked to friends and his family and no one seems to know where he is or what he's doing . I haven't reached out to the cops yet , because I am terrified . Last I heard his co worker confirmed he picked his check up this Saturday so his phone has been off of he shut it off since Sunday and we are now early morning Tuesday . I'm so far along in my pregnancy and so scared , emotional and just hoping he's ok in general . Could this just be another bender or something worse ???? What should I do ? I need help and I there's no one who understands my love and worry for him , Except for woman or men who have been through this , please help I'm afraid that if I stress more and more it will harm our unborn son .

Originally Posted by proveit11 View Post
I am going crazy, my husband fell off the wagon about 6 months ago, and he has been back in AA for about three weeks. I spent the holidays with my family and he was supposed to go to visit his. I just came home to find that he never made it to his families house. I have had no contact with him for 3 days and have no way of knowing if he is alive or dead, drunk or sober. Should I file a missing persons report or just wait it out and hope he turns up? I am new to this whole scene and I know that others have been going through this for years, but how do you handle it? How do you sleep? How do you go about your lives while waiting and worrying? How do you let go? Help.