View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 05:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Girlfriend

Thanks, guys!

My co-worker/supervisor didn't react too much to the information. They've known me for 4 years, so they've seen me go through a seperation and then a divorce and just really wanted me to be happy ........truly, for once.

I didn't get into the details of our up and down relationship (xabf and mine), just that he was someone that I knew and cared about and that he's working on his sobriety. They thought (that part) was neat.

Yeah, I walked away from there yesterday with a good feeling inside. He looks really happy out at the farm. TOTALLY different from the 30 day "rehab" (more like a summer camp ) he was in. This one is far more structured and has way less distractions to deal with.I think he's found his "place" and can connect with his HP out there because it's so serene and peaceful.

I'm happy for him, I really am. His face didn't have that lost, angry look on it anymore. Heck, he may even stay out there even AFTER graduating from the program in a year. I know he's tired of the stress of a big city.

So, for the first time, I was ----despite the fact that we had an awful roller coaster ride for almost a year----glad I had a SMALL part to play in helping him get to where he is compared to a year ago, drinking a 750 bottle of vodka every day and slowly drinking himself to death.

IF he chooses to work the program, the after program and live a life of sobriety.....I truly am thankful! God gave me a 2nd chance. There's Hope for all.

((hugs))