Old 08-01-2017, 08:07 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
MesaMan

I ran with AVRT after learning here about the RR Crash Course on-line. It wasn't a binary, instantaneous conversion, but cumulative, necessary lessons are assimilated over time. That is, doing ordinary 'things' while Sober became The New Normal. My own nature, and trick, is to immerse myself fully into whatever I'm doing at any given moment, and tone down the noise in my Head. Like, thinking about paying Bills. Thinking about something scheduled for tomorrow. And, so on. Just focus on the here & now. For me, this focus also really knocks down Stress, and thus the now-retired habit to drown that Stress with Ethanol.

Last Weekend, I went up to 10,300' in our new RV Trailer with the Pooch while Da Wife went to see Gal Pals for the Weekend in another Town. She drinks around them, and not around me. Our own lil *Drinking Detente* in this Household.

Others can use whatever Terminology that suits them, but I'm Recovered. Yes, I think about my Drinking Daze; just as I recall old GFs, or a Childhood Pet. All that is fully in my past, and I don't sweat Relapses. I don't find it all that daunting to not act on urges to smack someone who's terrifically annoying. Or, to not move on impulses associated with Women other than my Wife. I've been exercising such 'Restraint' my entire Life. So, once I mentally compartmentalized my AV into that same 'Ignore The Urge' Category, it's just something else I don't give in to, and act on. Nearly all of us have this power, but only some of us believe in our Earthly Selves enough to use it.

Re: Intoxication: you can't lust after that which you don't want anymore.