Old 07-31-2017, 11:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Ananda

Plenty,

I have been where you are more times than I want to remember or recount. One think that helped me was to remember that a winner is a looser who never stopped trying. I refused to just go under and stay there. No matter how many times I faultered, I got back up and went at it again.

My health was greatly affected, and still I drank again

I had to hang on, each time, that sobriety is just as possible for me as it is for anyone else! I hope you will just get back up and remember what worked and what didn't work. Then put every thing you can between you and a drink every day. Some of the things I have to do are not particularly my thing .... but I see that it can help stand between me and the bottle. Most aspects of what I have to do have been pure joy, and some of the things have been very difficult.

Checking in with a doctor is always a good idea. If you are sick enough you can't eat... go buy some ensure, or other liquid protein/vitamin type supplement. It will help you build strength while your tummy and body settle into sobriety.

I'll be thinking of you today. You did the hardest thing anyone of us ever does ... Day 1!