Old 07-30-2017, 11:51 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
kenton

Hi Dee! Glad you had a good break.

Poppy, hope you are feeling ok and getting over the anger. I always think anger can be quite useful if it spurs us towards taking necessary action but not so great if it becomes all-consuming. Being human is so darn hard!!! Sometimes it all seems to be a complex balancing act. And I'm a creature that operates at the extremes of life so I'm not great at balancing.

Love my hair thank you Kev! I'm still brunette but now have caramel highlights and after having a good cut, it looks much more healthy (maybe getting drenched in the rain helped??!)

Your roommate's "alcoholic phase" sounds like my old warm up drinking! I don't understand normal drinkers and their moderation powers so I guess it's hard for them to understand us. It's great that you vented here rather than drinking which will only hurt you. I went out on Saturday night and everyone got hammered. Not nicely drunk but hammered. I could tell early on how the night was going to go but because I was driving I knew I could escape at any point. It was boring but ok until one girl I don't know started really quizzing me on why I don't drink. She was off her head drunk, I could smell vomit on her breath and she was leaning on me for support. I just told her that I choose not to drink because I don't react well when drinking. She said, "cool! What happens when you drink?" I was trying to get away from her at this point because her breath was making me feel sick but she kept following me around. Then she started saying she wanted to watch me drink because she wanted to see what happened. Maybe she thought I'd turn into the Incredible Hulk or something and start hurling furniture through the windows. Anyway, she was fairly easy to lose, seeing as she couldn't really stand up so I got away from her and all the other drinkers and drove myself home.

It wasn't a pleasant evening and has made me think about a wedding I have to go to in September. It's an old uni friend and unless everyone has changed massively since university (which I guess is possible seeing as I've changed and I was the biggest drinker of them all) I know the wedding is going to be a very drunken event. It's in another part of the UK so we'll have to stay over. I am now doing some research to find the nearest hotel/B & B to the reception party. I plan to sneak off throughout the day and chill in my room, reading and watching TV. I think as long as I have regular breaks from the drinkers I'll be ok.

Nands, how's everything going with you? I hope you are well.

Steely, I miss you xxxx

Lots of love to everyone xxxxx