View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 07:29 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Minxy

Falling off the wagon...poem

THE WAGON RIDE

I fell off the wagon, again last night. When am I ever, going to get this right?
Sometimes I’m a pretty good driver, of the old wagon load. But every once in a while, there’s a bump in the road.
I didn’t see it, before it was too late. Didn’t intend, to open that gate.
As I was flying through the air, I didn’t really care. But then I landed so hard, right on my head. I thought it was gonna explode, and I wished I was dead!
It seemed like so much fun, while I was flying high. But in the morning, I couldn’t deny.
Feeling embarrassed, as well as shame. Why can’t I control, this drinking game?!
Maybe I am powerless, against this disease. So I pray to God, on my knees. To help me with this addiction of mine. Hold on tight, to His life line.
The wagon had crashed, way over yonder. And through my thick head, I began to ponder.
While crawling back, on my knees. Cursing and praying, and feeling unease.
“I admit my mistake!”, I cry. “I’m getting back on that wagon, for another try!”
So back on the wagon, I struggle to climb. To get home safe, and just in time.
To ride my wagon, another day. And steer clear of those bumps, that are in the way.

Copyright©2017, All rights reserved.
Kelly Dreisinger
February 21, 2017

OPEN INVITATION to FB support group: Drunken Angel - Inspiration to empower those struggling with alcohol. (sorry, not allowed to post link here)