View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 03:22 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
amp123

Hey OMD! I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say how good it is to hear from you and, above all, to hear that you are well. My relationship with booze is similar to yours in that a lot of the time I have absolutely no compulsion to drink and am incredibly grateful to be free of the curse, but occasionally I can feel the "****-it,-who-cares" side of my personality trying to fight to the fore. I have strategies to protect myself but I, like you, know that it is still there and in all probability, won't be going anywhere in a hurry. In difference to you, I drink alcohol-free beer all the time. That or tonic water. I find other soft drinks too sweet.

Also like you, in recent months I have dedicated a fair bit of time to working out what is important. I feel that I have been too driven by status and image in my life. These are things that don't matter much to me anymore. Depending on what happens next year, the company I started and built up over 15 years may fold. The great thing is that I now realise that I'm not overly concerned about that. I'm going to do my best to salvage the situation, and I know there is a big responsibility that goes together with running a business to your staff and clients, but on a personal level I am quite peaceful. Like you say, the most important thing is health and, also for me, being caring, giving and consistent. I despair sometimes with the state of the world and my only answer is to do the best I can in my own sphere of influence in the hope that maybe it will catch on and spread! I can't think of another way!

Anyway, once again, I can't stress enough how great it is to hear from you.

Take care all!