Old 07-30-2017, 12:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sky90

Relapsed after 11 months...Utterly depressed. Please help me understand...

Hello everyone. After struggling with addiction for a couple of years..I finally managed to make it to 11 months sober with weekly therapy sessions since last fall...

The amount of stress I had this year was pretty much insanity...My dad's health declined causing him to be at an extended care facility...My best friend/roommate moved out because they got married...A lot of family drama with relatives (more than I have ever had in my entire life) I managed to make it through ALL the craziness this year but for some reason I just used a few days ago...I haven't went on a binge...BUT this was 11 MONTHS of sobriety...I haven't told my therapist yet...and I really am having thoughts of hopelessness and confusion...

Moreover, an ex is getting married in a month...The job I am currently at is terrible I feel that it is a trigger because it requires a lot of traveling often to places alone...and is not really a stable 9-5 job...I truly don't know what to do....

I knew after using I would feel terrible about it but not this terrible...I don't get it a few hours of pleasure and then an eternity of misery that follows...

Please please keep me in your prayers during this tumultuous time...

Any words of inspiration or advice will be greatly appreciated...
THANK YOU